Tuesday 5 February 2008

A Dream and a Dream Come True


Two nights ago I dreamt I was standing on the ground, looking up at a skyline which included Ben Nevis, on the right, a plateau (which looked suspiciously like another view of the Ben)
and a castle.

Trolling through the net for pictures of the land which half my DNA calls home, I came across this picture of Eilean Donan castle, in Tulloch, in the shadow of the Ben.



I was a little startled to see how similar the castle in my dreams was to this one -I have probably soaked up some imagery which is locked deep in my subconscious.
Anyway, as I watched the blue skyline, in my dream, I spotted a pied crow wheeling over the plateau.

I tried to point it out to my companions, but it seems that only I could see it-or perhaps only I attached any importance to it.

The crow then hilariously - as happens in dreams - stepped into a lift, and descended to below ground level, in a shaft well-lit and resembling a museum.

OK. I needed to post that here, as a further record to my dream diary.

The best news we've had recently, among all the power outages, the water scares and the depressing political moves,(and, I'll admit, some touching displays of humanity-go on, read that story, it'll boost your faith in people for a couple of seconds) is that of the SAPRA success in getting itself recognised as a religious body.
(Sorry, the official SAPRA site appears to be down still-that link goes to a Vuya! post).

My partner Warren, who is about as fierce an Atheist as I was a couple of years ago, finds this very funny. So do I really- I am now on the Board of Executives of a registered religious body. Oh well, there are worse things in life I suppose.

The point is that we can now delegate and submit Pagan Marriage Officers for examination at the tender hands of the Department of Home Affairs, and pretty soon we'll be able to conduct perfectly legal and complete Pagan weddings.

This is a great stride in Pagan Rights, and I'm proud to say that South Africa can still be pretty far ahead of the world when it comes to mutli-cultural actions.

Breaking News: Simba Makoni, an ex Finance Minister from Zimbabwe, has announced his intention to stand against Mugabe in the upcoming Zim elections.
This could be good news - cautiously, now.

The scent of myrrh surrounds me. I'm on a week's leave from work, as I get impossible to be around at this particular time of year.

5 comments:

  1. The spiritual beliefs in America are much different than where you are.

    And then there are people like me on our own paths.

    You mind may have seen a picture of the castle years ago and just brought it back up as you slept.

    Nice pictures though. Didn't freeze last night and looks like it will be a decent day here.

    I'll go for a walk, maybe to the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, Kay- Madam Terri will do nicely.
    Or Madam Aquila maybe..hmmm.

    Billy, I know that's probably where I got the castle from - my mind, just like everything else.
    Given my roots in Scotland, it's very very likely.
    However, you've just defined a new mystery -what the hel is the mind?

    Love,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. The irony of South Africa leading the way in religious rights does not escape me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What do you mean, what is the mind?

    It's a bunch of electrical connections between cells. With right and left sides.

    The problem isn't the mind, the problem is what is put into it when we are young.

    We have really bad mentors and teachers teaching us all kinds of stupid shit, and religions.

    They don't tell us that we are spiritual beings having human experiences in physical bodies.

    They don't tell us that the mind is also in a state of evolution. They don't tell us that we are god in evolution.

    No, they just tell us stupid shit. And because they are our teachers we tend to believe them, until we start questioning things.

    We learn, then if we have a brain at all we unlearn and learn again. Lose the brainwashing so to speak.

    But most can't do that, admit that they were brainwashed.

    And then there is need and greed. Even you have some pretty fancy needs it seems.

    I'm not picking on you Terri, but I'm thinking that you should start being prepared to be happy with a simple shelter and any decent food that will keep you going.

    It's coming to that anyway. Maybe faster than you know. A little shelter, a little food, a hug, that's all I need.

    Well, sex, but that isn't going to happen with the women I know. But at least I get the hugs next door.

    The next year is going to be mighty interesting, I'm pretty sure of that.

    I hope it goes well for you. Bill

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not the brain Billy, the mind.
    Never fear, you couldn't possibly pick on me.
    I haven't yet met the human who could make me feel inferior. :)

    Love,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete