Friday 1 June 2007

Hey Look! I won an Award!



Thank you, Hecate!

I certainly cause myself to think, in the course of this meandering.

All too often we go about our daily lives unmindful of what it is that moves us.Blogging helps me to put things down, to think them through to some degree.

Being a bit of a hermit and not a terribly fluent communicator in life, I have found that sometimes trying to explain a concept to someone else clarifies one's own position.

Certainly, the best way for me to understand an idea in physics or a mathematical theorem has been to teach it to someone else. Or to try to.

So-ahem- if I get this meme right, it's not good form to turn around and immediately tag one's benefactor back-which is a pity, in this case.
However, there are plenty of intelligent, thought-provoking bloggers out there, many of whom can be discovered under my 'Fellow Deities' sidebar.
Choosing five is heluva tough, but here goes:

1.Druid, relief teacher and hillbilly Anne Johnson has had me in stitches since I discovered that the Gods are, in fact, Bored- plus she's been the wake-up call I needed to see to a little conservation in my own back yard .

2.Fabulous and articulate Pagan 'veteran' Deborah Oak, who never fails to prompt me to consider the whys and wherefores of witchery, raising a son, and just Being in this world.

3.One-woman Goddess campaigner Athana , who had truly put a spanner in the works of my Pagan theology by suggesting that the time has come to replace God the Father with Goddess the Mother. I find myself agreeing with her more and more, in these days of rank insanity.

4.A man who, for a change,simply and clearly Evokes the Goddess.Englishman Paul, whose intelligent posts on Her immanence have given me pause to consider the ancestral heritage of my beloved African soil more clearly.

and, last but not least

5.The inimitable Billy B. Cook, who is living proof that you can be an irascible rapscallion and still have worthwhile philosophies to espouse!

Ok then, you lot, get out there and spread this meme:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think;

2. Link to this post at The Thinking Blog so that people can find the exact origin of the meme;

3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' .

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations, you deserve it ! And thanks for the nomination too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We at "The Gods Are Bored" got tagged by a fellow Appalachian, but we're honored to be appreciated in the country of the evil, Darwinist, Satan-worshipping Raymond Dart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, this means a lot, coming from one of my favorite bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know hon, that is a perfect description of me, hugs. But I vent my anger on my blog, not in person, or with guns and bombs.

    I've been given that honor also and the truth of the matter is that I don't even want to think about all that stuff, but the universe won't leave me alone.

    Have a great day, hugs again.

    ReplyDelete