Thursday 28 August 2008

Blog Honours


Livia Indica, of Magic In These Hills, has honoured me with this award.
I must pass on the respect to 7 blogs I deem worthy. This is not an easy task!
I see Anne’s Bored Gods have received a deserved round of applause from multiple sources, for example, so I’m not going to nominate any blogs I know to have received this award.
I would have thought that simplified my task, but it’s still not easy, so I guess I’m going with off-the-top-of-my-head.
Keeping this slapdash methodology in mind, I nominate:

Hecate, for always being pertinent to women’s issues . And craft issues. And political issues in Amerika, which I confess I don’t always fully understand. Someone has to pay attention.

Paul, for his beautiful photography on Evoking the Goddess, and his words which indeed evoke a sense of Her, always.

Mahud, Between Old and New Moons, for being far and away the most original of explorers of NeoPaganism and Mythology I have come across on the Net.

Inanna, At the End of Desire, Deborah Oak, Branches Up, and Cat at Quaker Pagan Reflections for underlining that the Sacred consists of relationships, as they exemplify in their individual lives.

Donald, In Puris Naturalibus, for being the first person wearing the Christian label (albeit Gnostic Christian!) who has demonstrated to me that embeddedness in immanence is not the preserve of the Pagan faiths.

Grian/Lee, at Panthea for her feisty refusal to back down to a challenge, and for backing up her arguments with good research.

Lastly, but by no means leastly, I’d like to honour Mary A for her numinous writing on living. It’s all Sacred, and it shows in both her old blog, A Spell in Wales, and her new one, African Alchemy. *


I don’t want anyone to feel obligated to go hunt down and post about seven blogs they admire by having been mentioned here. It’s just a fun little exercise, and Gods know I need that mental challenge right now.


Now it’s time for me to toddle off back to meatspace, there to ironically keep falling into altered states of consciousness in front of my keyboard. It’s a nuisance and I’m controlling the tendency so far, but it just shows how far and deep I’ve come with my exploration of otherspace.

*=PS: Nobody tell me that's more than seven! I know! I couldn't get it any lower!!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much my darling ! I'm thrilled

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Id give you an award too, if I had one to give. And my reason being that you at times seem to look at simillar things that I do, but show me another angle that I overlooked/disregarded/didnt see, I enjoy the food for thought.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks, I too am thrilled and will respond soon. Lots of work at the minute.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Terri. I'd nominate you back but it looks like you are covered :D

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ..and once more, welcome home Mary.

    Shell, that'd be the Shadow award, wouldn't it? Look for me in that blasted Pied Crow.

    Paul - yes, I'm sort of snowed under as well or I would've put this up a lot earlier. Take your time.

    Mahud - please don't nominate me back, or I'd have to do this all over again! As it is, I've disobeyed the rules a bit by not posting a notice on everyone's blog.

    Love,
    Terri in Joburg

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete