Sunday 30 December 2012

No Vision


In the midst of the heat, the skin on my legs and feet shiny and tight,itching as though a new dermis layer were growing there, Christina sounded as if she was talking directly to me.

She often manages that - to sound as if she'd been eavesdropping on my life these past couple of weeks. It's quite a gift.

Two weeks after turning and walking away from the corporate chains which had become unbearable, my vision of the future is still out of focus. But that's how it's meant to be. The Ancestors at my back, supportive: after turning around to face them and do what I could to heal the lineage, they are in their proper place, behind me.

The Eastern altar with its single oil burner and black mirror beckons me. To light the candle under frankincense and myrrh, sit and stare without concentration into its smooth dark surface....

I am no longer in freefall, and have no need of a safety net. I can get there on my own two feet, at a reasonable walking pace.Wherever that is, I shall be happy to be going there, being who I alone in this world am, and becoming who I alone came here to be.

Pic: looking North, path between ritual area and the dogs; scratch patch. Sun in my left hand, Moon in my right.

No comments:

Post a Comment