Wednesday 29 August 2012

Going Insane



All together now:

 Five names that I can hardly
 Stand to hear
 Including yours and mine 
And one more chimp who isn't here
I can see the ladies talking 
How the times are getting hard
And that fearsome excavation 
On Magnolia Boulevard 

CHORUS:
 And I'm going insane
 And I'm laughing at the frozen rain 
And I'm so alone 
Honey when they gonna send me home 

Bad sneakers and a Piña Colada 
My friend
Stompin' on the avenue
By Radio City with a
Transistor and a large
Sum of money to spend 

 You fellah, you tearin' up the street
You wear that white tuxedo
How you gonna beat the heat
Do you take me for a fool 
Do you think that I don't see
That ditch out in the valley
That they're digging just for me 
 CHORUS

From Steely Dan's Katy Lied album. Probably their finest.

No comments:

Post a Comment