Tuesday 19 June 2012

Maybe I'm Mistaken


Maybe I'm mistaken expecting you to fight
Or maybe I'm just crazy, I don't know wrong from right
But while I am still living, I've just got this to say
It's always up to you if you want to be that
want to see that
want to see that way
- you're coming along!

Having just finished a two-day Death Walk, I'm feeling a little crazy around the edges.
The physical and spiritual preparation, the calling out to the newly-dead soul, the ascertaining that this Walk is truly necessary;the careful protection of my own ego, astral body and the prepping of the journey's companions: it all takes a little edge off a person's vitality, if only temporarily. If I was going to come down with a virus, I mean, this would be the microbial opportunity of a lifetime.

(Just in passing, this is the first time I've ever actually "met" a soul with a Crocodile for a spirit helper - interesting. )

So I was a bit frazzled last night - sitting in the lounge long after my usual bedtime, glaring at the wires festooning the place and wishing I was living in an organic hut someplace- when this final stanza from an old Supertramp album, The Crime of the Century, blasted itself into my consciousness, full crescendo piano and guitar, crashed through various layers of my recuperating self, and passed, leaving in its wake a feeling of incredible focus.

It is so tragically easy to be ensnared in the web of Stuff. You think you need this thing...and then someone suggests you might need that thing as well...and if you are bought in to the over culture of this time and place, it may never end. Eventually, all "your" Stuff traps you, weighs your spirit down, and it becomes a struggle to free yourself from its snares.
Those of us who have suffered the Stroke of material liberation will know just how needful it is to be Earth-plane light, unencumbered as much as possible by Stuff which, while momentarily distracting,becomes a lead weight for Self.
We don't have to drag it all around. It is not "yours" in any case. It belongs to the Culture, and as such has as its primary agenda the immobilisation of your godSelf.

This is an important first step for anyone wishing to see the human race survive on this planet beyond the next fifty years or so - divest yourself of all the Stuff. Throw off those shackles now, turn in a full circle and see who has real meaning for you. You will find that there are beings in your life who are your eternal companions - animal, vegetable and mineral as well as spiritual - who can hardly see or hear you past all the clutter you have imprisoned your soul in.

Or,
Maybe I'm mistaken, expecting you to fight...

3 comments:

  1. You're bloody well right ...

    Welcome back, hope you're peaceful and lovin' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bit frazzled to be honest David.
    I'm eating a lot of salt to compensate for the walk, though.
    be back to normal-ish once the moon's out of Gemini, early this evening.

    Love,
    T in J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you back -- I hear you

    ReplyDelete