Wednesday 2 November 2011

Theoretically...



 "Theoretically, this is impossible, but observationally we can see it happening."

In today's issue of the journal Nature, astronomers report that organic compounds of unexpected complexity exist throughout the Universe. The results suggest that complex organic compounds are not the sole domain of life but can be made naturally by stars.

I've italicised the bit that grabbed my attention.

Somebody appears to believe that stars are not within the 'domain of life'.
This belief seems to be fairly widespread.
This, in my rather rabid opinion, is a good example of what the fuck is wrong with humans at this point in history.
And don't get me started on the  whole it's-impossible-even-as-we-stare-it-in-the-face.
I swear, scientists...

1 comment:

  1. And that nature is separate from life.

    Isn't he supposed to know about this stuff?

    ReplyDelete