Thursday, 10 February 2011

Edge Time


There comes, or there should come, a time in everyone's incarnation when a limit is reached and transcended.

This week I finally, and probably much to everyone's surprise, came up against my own limit in how I spend my days. I am now standing on the edge, looking across the chasm at the land on the other side, preparing to take the leap.

And I find that I very much have it in me to make that leap.
For a while, maybe, free falling. For a while, maybe, unconnected to the Earth as I transition from one state to another. For a while, maybe, groundless, rootless, adrift in spacetime with the aether whistling noisily around my skin.

But not making that leap is perhaps worse than dying while still incarnate - a change has called to me, a challenge has been presented. And I would be less than the human I aspire to be if I did not answer it.


Pic: Chrysti