Sunday 26 October 2008

Namaste



Here it is -here it is!

Thanks MaryA for leading me on a search for the elusive Blue Flower. I'd never heard that term before - such a literature-poor education I have had. Come to that, I'd never heard of the poet Novalis, either. I'm a little one-sided at times, I grant you.

Looking for bookmarks today at the dreaded Fourways Mall.
One shop carried only soppy and/or Christian bookmarks; the second shop was staffed by people who -I kid you not-had no idea what a bookmark was;the third carried bookmarks of a cheesy comic variety, but nevertheless was again staffed by people who'd never heard of a bookmark.


I'm so blessed to be able to read.

Nehallennia is undergoing timing repairs. I've settled into the fact that I'm going to have to wait to ride her regularly, but I have this great big, you know - vault of time.

In less than two weeks, I'll have been in this present incarnation for seven-times-seven years.
Some time has raced by, and some of it has crawled. But there has always been enough - and there is still more than enough, and always will be. That's what the concept of eternity means.

At least that's how it feels. It's not that I don't have enough to do - from sowing vegetables in the garden to writing SQL code, I have sufficient stuff that I'm never, ever bored. It's just a feeling that has been growing in me for weeks now that nothing is in a hurry except humans-and they mostly don't know any other way to Be.

Given that you are God; given that the entire universe has conspired with you in creating and maintaining this awesome mass of Being; given that you can never Not Be - what's the damned hurry?

The elusive Blue Flower for which the poet's soul yearns tormentingly is right inside of you. And right beside you. And Is You.

2 comments:

  1. You and I are so close in age that we would have been together in school. Enjoy the onset of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would have been great to be in school with you, Anne!

    Love,
    Terri in Joburg

    ReplyDelete