Friday 16 May 2008

Relationship - Mapping the Soul



Oh noes!
Cosmologists have been having a butchers at the cosmic background radiation and some of them have concluded that quantum mech could be wrong.

What will all the newage profiteers try to spin their products off then?

Caught somewhere betweenEmma Restall-Orr's spirit to spirit, a beautiful way of relating to the world, and Ken Wilber's You are the river, I have found myself acknowledging that while there is no part of us that is not of the gods, proving the converse (there is no part of the gods which is not of us) is a tad more challenging.

Since I equate the gods with the totality of the universe, including you, me and that pied crow over there, I'm in effect trying to force a one-to-one mapping of the cosmos onto or into my self.

I didn't think I could prove this, but then I had a thought:
As a three dimensional map can be compressed into two dimensions and still understood (albeit by a three dimensional map reader), I wondered if the mapping of the universe onto ourselves was seen by us in a distorted form because it has been forced to squash 4 or five (or eleven) dimensions into effectively three.



The two dimensional representation of a three dimensional object (a land map) may be read even by the two-D Mr A Square of Flatland if he learns to decode isolines and contour lines and possibly different colours, too.

So what is it we need to learn in order to read the holographic compression of the universe upon our souls? A Holy Book of Words? I doubt it. A method of meditation? Perhaps. Compassion? Bodhichita?

I frankly don't know. But I'm willing to go looking.

I don't even know that the one to one (or perhaps one to many) universe-to-me mapping holds at all, although I have had strong intimations, in moments of peak experience,that this may be close to something approximating the truth-whatever that may turn out to be.

Pic:People doing the black-hole impersonation,Ctheory

5 comments:

  1. We are all fractured, thoughts /emotions / physical reality ...

    Once we unite ourselves within ourselves, only then can we have a clean looking glass with which to look outwards.

    I'm no good at that yet ... :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Abraxas,
    That personal alchemy is the most challenging thing we can undertake-you'll get better at it.

    Love,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Extremely compelling topic, albeit difficult to follow your scientist thoughts! And I mean that affectionately. My experience, which is entirely subjective, leaves me focussed on the moment as it applies to understanding with the comsos is imprinted in our personage. Thinking of these topics, past lives, etc., is a lot of like standing in a changing room at the department store with a mirror in your hands and seeing yourself reflected into infinity. Thinking too hard on the topic blows the mind! So, I am content to take it one step at a time. This is just me, of course.

    I believe that total understanding would mean complete enlightenment or self-realization. And I also believe there are some of us out there who are quite capable.

    So glad you posted on this, and I hope all is well!

    D~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello My Sister Hecate and Donna,

    All is well, yes - a problem with my home connection left me off the net all weekend.

    Love,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete