Thursday 7 February 2008

Eclipse


This new moon was a bit of a rough ride.

Although I give a passing nod to astrology, I have some problems with it -stemming, no doubt, from people's tendency to think I was taking a degree in it while at 'varsity.

But this new-moon-and-solar-eclipse caught my attention.
In my natal chart, Chiron and the moon are conjunct each other at approimately 22 degrees Aquarius.

Chiron, as the mythology goes, represents the centaur who, having been severely wounded himself, becomes the archetypal healer.

Aquarius is my fourth house -the house governing hearth and home.

My son is an Aquariun sun - it was his 23rd birthday yesterday.

So as the moon briefly obliterated the sun this month, in my hearth-house containing the wounded healer, I sat with tears running down my face before my altar, surrounded by incense smoke, taking the pain into every part of myself and dispersing it throughout.

It is an integral part of me, not some threatening exterior being.
Thus only may I turn hurt into healing; pain into participating; wounds into wonder.

Our selves are more than individual spirits- our Selves are entire universes, and as such must contain what appear on the outside to be polar opposites but are in truth integral parts, without one of which the other is no-thing.

I bless this union of polarities into wholeness, and take a futher step in growth.

Pic of Chiron found at this strange blog

3 comments:

  1. I don't pay much attention to the moon, been looking at it for billions of years and it's not that exciting anymore.

    Enjoy it once in a while, if I happen to notice it.

    You sure get into some weird stuff that I don't pay any attention to. Everything I need is already in my brain, well I do listen to the cosmos, but I don't read books about religions and mythology's and such.

    I don't need them telling me what I am and what my future is, it will be what it will be and no one can tell me what it will be.

    Storming today, but not cold so that is nice, I have another nice casserole in the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terri - Thanks for your comment at my blog. After I wrote that post, I read your post here and saw that you were being moved by this moon, too, but I didn't pause to comment. So thank you for weaving the "interweb" connection. I wonder how things are shifting for you now, as the moon waxes?

    I'm also really enjoying bbc's comments here. I figure if he says he's been looking at the moon for billions of years already, there must be a bit of the pagan in him, no? ;)

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete