Friday, 11 January 2008

Book Meme


I've been Memed, by Kay






1 - One book that changed your life

Coming Into Being by William Irwin Thompson

2 - One book that you’ve read more than once

I read many books more than once -
I consider my favourite books to be good friends, with whom I can while away many an hour,
even if we’re having what appears to be the same conversation.

3 - One book you’d want on a desert island

A well-produced copy of the Bible. With thin pages.

4 - Two books that made you laugh

Good Omens by Pratchett and Gaiman

Progressive Witchcraft by Farrar and Bone. The laughter was not kindly meant, I assure you.

5 - One book that made you cry

6 - One book that you wish had been written

Messiah: My Life and Times and What I Really Meant to Say by Jesus of Nazareth


7 - One book that you wish had never been written

The Qur’an


8 - Two books you’re currently reading

I usually-almost always-only read one book at a time.
I’ve just finished Pratchett’s Thud and I’m in the midst of The Tao of Physics, by Fritjof Capra


9 - One book you’ve been meaning to read
I keep seeing it on the shelves of all the bookstores, and unaccountably failing to pick it up and buy it. I don't know what I'm waiting for, really.


Update: A Benoit Mandelbrot Fractal contest has announced the winners, with pics.

This is my favourite, it looks so like one of my dreams.