Monday 1 October 2007

Lesser Striped Birdy Blogging



Image from Theresa Brent's Photos

Going to one of the local emporia of doom - the shopping mall - this weekend I was surprised to have the little fellow at the top of the page swoop across my line of sight, flashing a bright orange rump at me as he headed for the Fever Tree in the park.



Surprised because I've never seen his species in this neck of the woods before.
He's a Lesser Striped Swallow.

The rain has settled in for a spell: fine drizzle and low grey clouds, much like England is most of the time, now I come to think about it.
The maximum daily temperatures have thus plummetted from 30 C to 20 C almost overnight. This probably explains the bug I was harbouring in my own Bio-system the other day, and the high absenteeism from work.

It (the change in the weather) has probably also precipitated the latest Union strike- South African Municipal Workers' Union, SAMWU, are on strike from today, altghough they'll only know if their action is in fact legal on Wednesday. Too late, legal system.

Meanwhile we're preparing to tolerate streets full of uncollected rubbish being scattered far and wide by not only neighbourhood dogs (although I'd personally like to shoot those dog 'owners' who let their companions out to roam the streets at night), but by the striking workers as well.There's something a tad childish about turning over rubbish bins and smashing them if you're not currently employed in collecting them, but then that's just me I expect - the Unionists seem to find this action acceptable.


However, they too are Goddess-or are made of stardust, however you would like to see it , the essential idea is the same -and despite the strike and the drizzle and the cold...well, I still saw a Lesser Striped Swallow on Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. Coming into fall here. Some rain but it was needed. More snow expected this year. I hope not much, I don't like dealing with snow anymore.

    But if I start spending more time getting the camp trailer done I can sit at a beach and watch the snowfall in comfort this winter.

    If the world is going to go to hell I may as well just sit back and watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning hon. Interesting comment you left on my blog. It's good to know that one woman gets me. Well, two, Helen gets me.

    You know, I don't know much about it, I hadn't given it any though until I bumped into the ladies blog that has an autistic son.

    But I think that we are all mildly autistic, if you want to call it that.

    When we are born we have so many senses that we are overwhelmed with all we are sensing so the brain starts detuning us so that we can cope with it all.

    I think some brains don't detune properly and those folks live in a sort of living hell.

    I've never done drugs but I know that they can increase senses, and if they work to well they send folks into a living hell.

    I'm pretty sure that if we had to put up with feeling (and hearing) our hair grow all the time that it would drive us nuts.

    Sometimes I am so aware that I actually do feel my hair growing, thankfully it doesn't last.

    So it is a good thing to be detuned .

    I'm sure I will be having more thoughts about that subject.

    Well, what to do today, work on the camp trailer some if it isn't raining.

    Start planning the retreat I'm putting together with some other guys next week.

    Take care, hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. “I no longer have a lot of stuff to look upon, and it's made me a happier person. I don't know if a better one!”

    Oh, I’m sure that it has made you a better person. But more importantly, it has made you a better spirit. It wasn’t about this lifetime, it’s about the future and your presence there. Assuming of course things go right and we continue surviving in human bodies because it sure is interesting what we can do with them. Mankind just has to wake up and become more spiritual is all, understand what they really are, God in evolution. It will take a great awakening to get there though, if it happens at all, some days it doesn’t look good. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete