Monday 22 October 2007

Curtains


I used to know this old scarecrow
He was my song, my joy and sorrow
Cast alone between the furrows
Of a field no longer sown by anyone

I held a dandelion
That said the time had come
To leave upon the wind
Not to return
When summer burned the earth again

Cultivate the freshest flower
This garden ever grew
Beneath these branches
I once wrote such childish words for you

But that's okay
There's treasure children always seek to find
And just like us
You must have had
A once upon a time

© 1975 Big Pig Music Limited

2 comments:

  1. I've had many once upon a times. You can't be a part of this cosmos for billions of years without that happening.

    It's another beautiful day here. But California is burning up.

    Have you heard from Lee? Know if she is okay?

    Have a great day, hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Billy, no I haven't heard a word from Lee.

    I think she's got some issues in her life which need to be dealt with-but that's more of a guess than anything.

    Love,
    terri

    ReplyDelete