Tuesday 10 April 2018

Coming Back to Life




There I was, walking down by the river.

A river running through steep banks of earth and grass in haphazard tufts.

A river not notable for its cleanliness, but neither noticed for its dirtiness - a river not very much noticed at all.

The banks, however, were strewn with civilization's rubbish; bits of paper and plastic, stickers and labels, all in smallish pieces and none of them whole items in themselves.

As I walked, I came across a brown envelope stuffed with ...documents, apparently. Certificates, acknowledgments, results of examinations, testimonials. All of them mine.


I took the envelope unto myself.

There are many methods of soul retrieval, but vivid dreams must be one of the most satisfying.

image:Bags Revolt


No comments:

Post a Comment