Wednesday 1 May 2013

Samhain 2013



"When the pale white moon is climbing slow,
            Through the stars to the heavens height,
            We hear Thy hooves on the wings of night!
            As black tree branches shake and sigh,
            By joy and terror we know Thee nigh.
            We speak the spell Thy power unlocks,
            At solstice, sabbat and equinox.
            Word of virtue, the veil to rend,
            From primal dawn to the wide world's end!"



Blessed Samhain, or possibly Beltane, to All.
I will be observing this Sabbat on Sunday.

Here is the artist's FB page.

2 comments:

  1. It is Beltane here....but somehow, to my endless confusion, the holidays are inextricably linked for me. I danced in the alleged springtime on the Labyrinth I built for the dead....and overnight, the birdbath water FROZE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also suffer from hemispherical confusion, as I first learned my Sabbats in the northern hemisphere before moving back here. I've been here more than 20 years this time around - you'd have thought I'd get them right by now, but I still have a tendency to think of March as Spring!

    Love
    Terri in Joburg

    ReplyDelete