Monday 10 January 2011

Shamanic Aloofness


It often falls to our nearest and dearest to tell us painful truths - and, having a partner not overly blessed with tact, I guess I can expect to get my feelings hurt now and again.
In actuality, my feelings rarely get hurt. But this evening, when Warren noted that I don't like anyone, I was quite stung.

But he's right, or close to right. I don't have a circle of friends, or even a circle of family, with whom I can pass a pleasant social hour over tea and biscuits. I get, in my opinion, more than enough social exposure at my place of work. Ask me over for drinks on New Year's Eve, and, apart from the fact that I don't drink, you can expect to see me leave -not in a bad mood, but just say my good nights - after a bare couple of hours. Certainly, I'll do lunch and contribute to the conversation with no pain - but I won't go out of my way for it.

In effect, Warren is quite right - I don't like people. I criticise humans abundantly and see the unconsciousness of their acceptance of the culture as a bad, bad flaw. Why, I can even harangue and rant. Frequently.

But what I do feel for human people - and that includes those whose deadly enemy I am in this life - is Love.

I am a Shaman - disintegrated and reconstituted as is necessary for this calling - and I will intercede with the Ancestors for any. I will cast energies into the Ground of Being for the humans I so despise, and -gods help you - I will walk with you to, and through, the gates of the netherworld itself. This is as it has always been, and will continue to be, even after I have passed beyond those gates myself.

For I Love you. All. And that's a very different kettle of fish to liking. So you're just going to have to put up with my Shamanic aloofness and overt dislike. For the nonce.


Pic: painting by E W Ringstaff

Oh, and look - here's the Moon and Jupiter in in the West, tonight:


5 comments:

  1. You and I share a remarkable irritant......humanity. I guess I was born human because the dolphins were to good for the likes of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, that reminds me of a quote, can't remember who it was, but, "I love Humanity, it's people I can't stand."
    So true...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @CoyotePrime - that was Linus of the comic strip Peanuts. He was saying he wanted to be a doctor when he grew up and his sister Lucy told him he could never be a great doctor for he had no love for humanity and what you quoted above was his reply.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely agree with simply what you whispered. Your clarification was surely the simplest to comprehend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for revealing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete