Thursday 27 January 2011

Aaargh


How the hell is anyone expected to concentrate on a logical and mathematical problem - and code that problem as a database query - while seated in a high-traffic area, being interrupted every ten minutes by sundry colleagues and even by workmen wanting to change the light?
I don't know. But I won't be trying it again any time soon.

The minute a big query needs to be written on the fly I'm going to politely refuse to do it. It's not worth the stress and strain.

I think the high point of today was when I asked the guys on ladders over my desk if they would mind finishing my SQL coding for me.


And, in totally unrelated news, this is the blog on my son's website.
Have I mentioned lately how proud I am of him?

1 comment:

  1. The picture looks like such a pleasant contrast. I'd far rather sit on the beach than under someone changing a lightbulb.

    ReplyDelete