Monday 6 September 2010

I Chose This


Well, this is an unusual space for me to be in - not that I never get depressed, but that it happens so rarely that I forget each time how to handle it.

Like a swiftly drawn curtain of rough hemp, the disconnection settles into my soul. I suddenly find myself surrounded by complete idiots - heedless, thoughtless, conscious-less avatars of the mediocre culture which anchors humankind. At such a time, I find any number of life forms better company than my own race - plant people, bird people, dog people - all appear possessed of an understanding and a light which outstrips, not just my human kins', but my own feeble luminosity as well.

Ah, the dark and dreadful caverns of despair! How Gothic and melodramatic I do sound.

Yet I must remember, when my spirit shrinks into the lightless holes which are all I see, that I chose this. Not just within the spacetime frame of one human incarnation, but long before and after this life, I actually selected these conditions for mySelf, in this interval.

And really, how bad is it after all? I have gifted myself with a greater than normal human intelligence in this lifetime, and a potential for understanding which  - to be baldly honest - I see in very few of my 'peers'. I have come through the dismemberment of a Shamanic initiation, this time around, and learned so much through pain and death that I am, most of the time, a very happy and contented - ofttimes even ecstatic - little ego-self indeed.

And here, as the sun sets a couple of weeks before an equinox, wrapped in the love of my landbase, the care of my Ancestors, the benison of the Deities and the exuberance of my nonhuman companions: here, I whine about my self-imposed isolation, and feel depressed that no human within hailing distance of my physical aura has an inkling of understanding. How self absorbed. How silly. How downright un bloody grateful.

Ah yes - that's better. A swift kick to my own arse from my own dear Self has done the trick, again.

Pic: The Hermit by KKL

4 comments:

  1. Everyone has those "downers" ... disconnects ... perfectly normal i think, all things considered. Even though the common view is that it's wrong to not be happy happy all the time ...
    I also find that when i'm down, kids and animals are ok, but no adults, they just make noise and have bad vibes. They're as you say, avatars of the culture. Not people themselves.
    When i'm "down", i'm just stepping away from the illusion, and of course people don't like that either *grin*
    So you're doing yoga too huh? Nice!!
    ;-)
    peace and love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we make choices, yes, but they don't all make us happy. But I think mostly it is other people's choices that tend to make us unhappy,and that they don't understand our choices and want us to make different ones.

    My thought last night was about this shell, this body, and how it appears to others. I've been trying lately to help the outer self better reflect the inner self, but still others can only see the shell. What exists inside they can't really know.

    Perhaps we are not the ones disconnected, after all. Perhaps we just feel sad that these others are not connected the way we are?

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaaaahhhhh. and hugs. and my aura heard your aura...

    What DECK is that card from. Holy Schmoly.

    xo
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks 'Braxie - I knew you'd understand the feeling.

    Donna:I agree with you to some extent, yet I've found that, when we get down to the bedrock, to the Ground of All Being, why then it's really all up to us. I mean, difficult as it seems, I believe that people don't so much fail to connect with me as I make it really hard for them to connect with me, from somewhere deep down.I give other people the opportunity to make me angry, and so on and so forth.

    Cyn:yup, from where you've been recently, this must seem like a walk in the bloody park - and it is, really.
    The card is from the Deviant artist I linked to - a Russian artist. I don't think the full deck is available though. Pity.

    Love,
    Terri in Joburg

    ReplyDelete