Wednesday 14 April 2010

Rebuked


Standing on the smokers' balcony yesterday, I was caught by the sight of a pair of Glossy Starlings perched on the cellphone mast opposite.
Lovely birds, they are: orange-eyed and shimmering-plumaged.

I was wondering to myself what it would be like to have such a pretty bird as a Spirit Animal. No sooner was that thought fully formed in my mind than here comes a large black and white corvid, from the Northeast, flapping to a stop on the cellphone mast. Followed by its mate.

OK, OK - it was only idle speculation, guys. I wouldn't swap you, my Pied Crow, for all the Glossy Starlings in Africa.


"We envy the birds in flight - Oh no, God is not dead." - Lux Interna

PS The word from the House Martins is that they are pushing off - maybe as soon as sometime today.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely story :)

    Yes the season is turning, this is my time of year. Not only my birth season, but i love the cool mornings, the beautiful colours on the trees, and the slowing down of life.

    We inherited a baby grey lourie, and i've been noticing these beautiful birds even more lately. Big birds, which i'd never really noticed until ours started flying around the house :)
    Saw 3 flying past (my smokers balcony) this morning ..... beautiful in flight :)

    peace to you

    ReplyDelete