Friday 19 February 2010

I Call Myself


I have been discovering, this last week, how to be an observer - of myself.
Nothing like self-consciousness as we normally use the term - this is a state in which that which is felt to be within me moves to a space without me, and observes the primate.

The primate may be looking at a tree, or talking with a bird. The observer sees the tree or bird much more clearly than the primate. And sees the primate herself in very clear terms.

The observer calls to the primate - and our eyes meet, the universe watching itself.

I've found a new clarity of mind through this practise, as well as a certain lightness of being, which is a change from my earth-involved, self-absorbed daily consciousness.

Too much transcendence can be a mistake - but so too can too much earthing. I hope, by intermittent practise of this technique which I'm getting speedily better at, to balance the states more evenly.

I still identify many sticky patches of attachment, and this is as it should be - flying up and around the spiral is never a good idea.

But, right now, all will be well, all will be well, and all manner of things will be well.

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes. The Observer, The Witness. I love it when I'm in that place. Thank you for the reminder. Time to get back there but I forgot!

    xoxo
    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete