Monday 22 June 2009

Scorpio Ascending


As a Scorp Ascendant, I have real issues with Gemini. Not Gemini anything in particular - just Gemini. It's my eighth house, you see, which deals with issues with a capital Is.

So most of the month of June is hardly my favourite time - although I don't need a therapist to tell me that it's mostly due to me, being overly aware of this stuff.

Well, That Time of the Year is almost over. Almost. The sun has moved into good homely Cancer, and all I need now is for the moon to do likewise, and then move past its solar conjunction this evening, and I'm A for Away.

I certainly hope so, anyway.

As an interesting side note to this little paranoid rant of mine is the fact that I, as a double Scorpio (Sun and Ascendant) find other Scorp Ascendants absolutely irresistible.

This has probably got to do with us having all our Houses in common.

My partner Warren is a Leo Scorp Ascendant, with, fortunately for the relationship, his Venus in the same position as mine. Braxie is another person I'm unaccountably connected to. Terence McKenna, as a fellow Double Scorpio who was dying even as I lay on my own deathbed, is a third.

It wouldn't surprise me to find that Thorn Coyle was also a Scorpio Ascendant.

All of us with verging-on-the-compulsive fascinations with the occult.

It's more unusual for a person to be aware of their ascendant signs, but I find it clears up a lot of otherwise inexplicable attractions.

2 comments:

  1. Libra rising.

    But I have three planets in Scorpio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, that would explain it then.

    Or, I could just be looking for rationalisations of why I find your work so compelling, and so accessible.

    Perhaps the fact that you make a lot of effort would go a long way to explaining it.

    I loved Kissing the Limitless btw. I'm planning on giving it another read when I've finished with Columbus and Other Cannibals.You're in good,if wierd, company Thorn.
    Love,
    Terri in Joburg

    ReplyDelete