Sunday 3 August 2008

Morrigan


A lone Pied Crow cawed to catch my attention as I was hanging out the washing this morning.

Ave Corvus I responded.

In the next moment, five flew overhead, travelling high and scouting for food.

Avete Corvi.

I've been bothered by lots of seemingly solo acts of insanity making the news recently.

There was the man who beheaded a fellow bus passenger in Canada,the UU Church killing dude,to cite just two of them.
Thomas Robert Malthus may well be looking on in sad resignation.

Some of my thinking is obviously informed by my early exposure to Robert Heinlein,that marvellous misogynist storyteller, and in this case I'm particularly thinking of his Year of the Jackpot, a novella which tells the tale of the madness and demise of the human race through the eyes of an American statistician.

It may also have been Heinlein, speaking through the race of Mother Thing beings - or it could well have been Madeleine L'Engle, speaking through one of her wonderful wise women, who labelled human love a tragedy, and then gently asked "What else could it be?".

I'm watching the crowded-lab-rat behaviour of all around me while coping with my own heart breaking wide open. My partner of almost 9 years has broken that partnership, and I find myself unable to trust him in anything at all anymore. When that trust is gone, it's all gone. So I'm living in the same house as a person I once loved and trusted very much - it's hard.

But I'm wading into the dark waters now - buying myself a bike so I'll have my own transport, and decoupling all of my financial affairs from his.

Despite the fact that I've gone through two divorces in my life, this is much more painful.

So, Imbolc, when it comes ( I celebrate at the astronomical midpoint between Solstice and Equinox, which this year falls on the 7th August) will be bittersweet. An opening to Spring, and a loss I really never thought I'd have to face, foolishly.

But I'm breathing through it all, knowing I'll make it through this lesson, too.

Will the human race get through its present harsh schooling? I don't know.

I do know that if we don't lose this deadly civilization, however, we're less than history.

Pic:Last night, the Morrigan appeared in a vision to me.

Thanks to Mahud for the image.

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in my thoughts so much at the moment. Strength & courage to you Terri. And a big hug, darling.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending strength your way. You can, of course, do this. Do this, and thrive, and come out better on the other end. But I know that it hurts and I am reaching all the way across the Atlantic Ocean to give you a big, long, comforting hug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear this Terri. Sending positive vibes all the way to Africa from the middle of the US. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fuck it, this planet would be better off without 'humanity'. I'm willing to going to go back to just being a bug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "But I'm breathing through it all, knowing I'll make it through this lesson, too."

    Breathing through it all until you die anyway. No big deal to me, I've been breathing through it all for millions of years. This just one silly body that is nearing its last days.

    Big frigging whop. I'll never figure out why you monkeys are afraid of dying and want to get old. If I don't wake up in the morning it was nice knowing you, hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. O dear ... life can be very cruel sometimes.

    You seem in control of your plans though ... good luck.

    Seriously, let me know if i can help with the bike thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks all fr your love and support.
    I could actually feel it this morning.
    And yes, Abraxas, I've got it on a leash - so far.

    Love,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of of love, blessings and prayers to the Goddess for strength.

    ReplyDelete