Thursday 27 March 2008

A Little Footprint Upon Her Glory



In a week in which we learnt that our electricity is going to rise by 53%, right after asharp hike in the petrol price, both conspiring to cause a record consumer price index (which Warren and I noticed on Saturday, when, shopping for monthly groceries, we managed to spend over R1000 on a 3cm long list), there has been much to mourn in the behaviour of our men.

Don't click those last links if you don't have a strong stomach and don't want to start screaming at the ceiling.

In addition to all this, Mad Bob Mugabe gets set to steal the election in Zimbabwe again, and our poor little Fiat Uno was laid up in the workshop with a trashed gearbox, after a hair-raising ride through peak-hour morning traffic to get her there.

I say - you'd be horrified at the number of big, flashy cars who hooted impatiently behind us before roaring past with their sleek, perfumed male drivers flipping us the bird. I mean - they had to stop in more traffic further up the road. And what the hel were they in such a hurry to get to their excruciatingly stressful jobs for, anyway? Oh, hang on -they have to pay for the couple of tons of metal which takes them to said job every day....insane, are they not?

So this evening when we arrived home after a long day of yelling at computer servers (me) or cat-napping security guards (Warren), we were both thrilled to find upon our gatepost the answer to all our troubles. Ours, and everyone else's, it would seem.

A three-colour A5 flyer introduced us to Dr Bomboka, "Herbalist from East Africa" , who, by way of his "typical African herbs and Arabic herbs" promises to cure:

48 diseases at reasonable charge

among them:

1) We make men's penis big and strong permanently.

...

14) To be liked at work

...

20)Men's penis which cannot erect powerfully

...
23) Bewitched people

Say, maybe that's what's wrong with me!

Well, it couldn't hurt could it?
His past patients glow with praise:

"I nearly divorced my husband after being married. His penis small and no erection. Dr Bomboka treated him within 7 days. His erection became very strong."
(Mrs. Rosie van Wyk of Northcliff)

This bloke must be doing very well, by the way - he has surgeries in two fairly well-to-do areas.

Ah - but wait! What's that faint sussuration I hear? A whisper on the wind, a voice of the soul....here I've been going on about my own woes, and those of my countrymen, when it is the Earth who needs healing, from the disease of insane humanity and the cancerous, murderous civilisation we inflict upon Her lovely body and all Her many children, human and non-human.

Oh my Lady - forgive, I beg Thee. I am sometimes distracted.

Pic courtesy of Barefoot Herbs , South Africa



2 comments:

  1. My wife is a bookkeeper for a medical outfit and one of their creditors or debtors is a bunch called "Pink Wellness".

    She said it reminded her of an itinerant healer I once told her about, Brother Mandus, who published such unsolicited testimonials in his magazine, one of which said "I felt two warm vibrating hands lift up my whole internal organs".

    Can Dr Bomboka match that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 56-year-old father didn't flinch as he heard he was being sentenced to life in prison for each of the six times he raped his 10-year-old daughter while her mother photographed them.

    The mother deserves life in prison also. This planet just keeps getting sicker it seems.

    ReplyDelete