Friday 28 December 2007

Lemon Meringue Pie





Was it June, or was it July of 2001?

It doesn't matter, much, now.

It was evening and I was sitting on the bed cross-legged, relaxing after a day spent writing code for someone else's business.

There appeared in my mind's eye a picture. A perfect portrait, head and shoulders only, of a man about 25 years old. My Dad, as he must have looked a half a century ago now.

I was startled but not unduly worried. A strange vision, nothing more. I hadn't seen or spoken to Dad for -oh, maybe a year and a half, closer to two.

It was only a couple of days later that I was rambling through the newspaper and a name caught my eye - my father's name in the Deaths column.

Happy Birthday, Dad - you would have been 75 years old today.

Love, "Skills"

2 comments:

  1. Cartoon about Africa

    Check the previous day also.

    I wonder if I will make it to 75, I never expected to make it to 64.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the Goddess guard him. May he have long since found his way to the Summerlands. May his friends and family know peace.

    ReplyDelete