Monday 20 August 2007

Aaargh...


Mahud has infected me with a meme called The Joys and Trials of Religion.

I'm going to play, even though I don't consider my belief set a religion.

Just because I love talking about myself.



I'm a Pagan who believes that every God and Goddess is a creation of Our mind.
That makes Them real.
In addition, I believe that We are Their creation.
All of us, creating and shaping this space together.

Here, then, are the

Rules

1. You have to use your own belief system for the meme. No fair using someone else’s to make a joke or satire. Being humorous about your own religion is encouraged!
2. You have to have at least one joy and one trial. More are encouraged. And no, they don’t have to be equal in length, but please be honest.
3. You have to tag at least one other person. More are appreciated!
4. Please post these rules!



OK then -the Joys:

It's One Big Joy!

When I consider that I'm incarnate for the express purpose of experiencing life; when I consider that all the Nelson Mandelas, Mahatma Gandhis, Pema Chodrons are All Me; when I consider that every tree and blade of grass, each charmed quark and rotating quasar are Me; when I consider that each particle from the ancient trilobite to the Magellanic Clouds are Me, too - how can I not hear the Intro to the Song of Creation?

I wish I could hear more, but that's part of the joy- finding ways to listen.

You know this is coming now, don't you?

The Trials:

...are the mirror of the Joys.
They flow from the same source, which is Thee and Me, and includes the knowledge that every child rapist, each puppy-murderer, every petty thief and power-mad despoiler of the Earth,are Thee and Me also.

This can hurt very deeply.

Do the Trials and Joys balance out?

No way!

The Joys are, and always have been, the main reason for Being.

They are why I'm relearning my Dance.


In the Spirit of Infection (and of laughter) I'm tagging just one other person: God, aka BBC

who will probably say that he doesn't have a religion, either.

Pic:Iron Oak

5 comments:

  1. Hon, you already know that I do not have a religion. That I am above all of that.

    The religion of God/Goddess has not been formed yet. Maybe in another fifty years?

    But it will replace all other religions.

    I only have one other thing to say.

    May I have this dance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly you may Billy- seeing as I'm dancing with the entire world!

    Love,
    Terri in Joburg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maam:
    Please contact me via email at dpraay.com for conclusive evidence, and documentation, of a comment on another blog that I made, you find "very, very suspicious."

    Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU'VE GOT THE RIGHT IDEA FUCK THOSE MEETINGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, when I said may I have this dance, I met in person. :-)

    Maybe not possible but it's a wonderful thought. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete