Tuesday 14 August 2007

Husky Justice Enacted


Pic:Nardus Engelbrecht, Beeld

A man who earlier this year cut off his Husky puppy's head with a chain saw has died of massive head injuries when he rolled his planet-befouling suv on Sunday morning.Apparently, the crash happened at around 4am, but nobody noticed until 7am.

My personal hope is that he suffered a lonely and frightening death.

But what this incident is really about , for me, is the nature of magic.

For magic to be effective, there must first be a real and identifiable focus.

Next, the amount of power generated is proportional to the number of 'individual' minds applying themselves to the focus. Some 'individual' minds count for more than others, though. Those with a background in magic or practical spirituality seem to be able to light up more of the collective conscious than those without.

Phillip Matthysen supplied the real and identifiable focus. The anger generated by his action was huge. Many Witches, Pagans and Magicians are, unsurprisingly, animal-lovers, too.

The rational, metaphysical naturalist will point out that this man was under huge stress as a consequence of his actions. People shunned him wherever he went.Therefore, he was quite likely to have been driving drunk in the early hours of Sunday morning when he rolled his car.

This is a nice, clean, logical sequence of events. It's very likely to be true.

But so is the other story - the one which tells us that, collectively and individually, we are the only deity there is, and we can influence events, cause consequences, through the power of our wills. Magic, in other words.

The advisability of keeping a non-sinister profile in the world prohibits me from expounding on that other example of group power which has manifested recently in South Africa.


Update:Hecate has some more on the issue of rational versus magical explanations.Which in itself is magical.

5 comments:

  1. What a horrible person, I have done a lot of things but hurting an animal is not one of them. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes karma actually works, I depend on it a lot in my life.

    George and I was talking about some deep things yesterday and he was talking about how tuned out most people are. They sure are. Sometimes my senses are so aware that I can feel my hair growing. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just too wonderful... I am not in any way a wicca... but I do feel that some justice must rule the world at some moments... Otherwise, WTF are we doing here???
    No, I don't have the awareness of BBC, and I can't say I did any arm to animals at the age I am.... I sadly got rid of some nice beast who were taking too much of my time along the years... but shit... with a chainsaw?? This is horrible... and cruel... Noody could adopt that dog? Did he ever try to find him a home???
    I can't I am happy of this man end... but yes, somehow I feel justice at work in it... A justice who needs no judge, no lawyer, no witness... only a justice who knows it all... but I can't call it God...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A chainsaw? Ye gods, what a horrible way to die. Karma can be a bitch. I'm kinda hopeful that he suffered horribly at the end...maybe he'd actually learn something about cruelty and be a better person in his next incarnation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb blog post, I have book marked this internet site so ideally I’ll see much more on this subject in the foreseeable future!

    ReplyDelete