Tuesday 7 August 2007

"Dread Lord of Death and Resurrection.."



"....Of Life, and the Giver of Life;
Lord within ourselves whose Name is Mystery of Mysteries..."

So we declaim on Imbolc, tomorrow morning.

Well, some of us, anyway.

The orange cake and sparkling grape juice is in the fridge. The new candles have been bought.

The incense - compounded of bay, basil, frankincense, myrrh, rosemary and cinnamon - has been ground and mixed.

Tonight I set my mind to cleansing and regeneration.

At this festival, sometimes called the Feast of Brighid, we contrarily invoke the God- for He appears in the world at this time, child of the Goddess, causing green shoots of grass to spring up in the wake of His hoofed footsteps.

Candles are burned in every window of the home and the besom is propped against the front door to symbolise the Spring cleansing

Bride's beds are arranged before the hearth, and some weave Brighid's Crosses for year round protection.

Me, I will be standing with my bare feet upon the trembling earth, sword in both hands, honoring Her and calling to Him, in the full knowledge that:

"..there is no part of us that is not of the Gods"


So Mote It Be.
Blessed Imbolc, all.

4 comments:

  1. Candles are burned in every window of the home

    Hon, I love candles, I collect them. But I seldom light and burn one. Why? Because it is polluting to make and burn candles. More polluting than you might think.

    I would if I had to for some light, but at this point in time and space I don't have to.

    It's very hard to not be a contributer to pollution on this planet, but I try the best I can by not consuming (buying) too much and being careful what I do, and where I go.

    I love this planet more than the things I can have right now. They are just material things, without a hand to hold, to share the beach and hot springs with, they are nothing. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, blessed Imbolc to you and yours! What a lovely picture and what lovely poetry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping your Imbolc celebration was a blessed time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome that your Imbolc is the other end of the year from us up here in the Northern Hemisphere! Queen Bride the Bright is my patroness Goddess, Imbolc is my favorite holy day! This year I'll even have an outdoor bonfire.

    ReplyDelete