Saturday 23 June 2007

Eight is the Number of Karma..



..thus I will happily take part in this game of tag.
I was tagged by my learned friend Oaksong . Here are the Rules:
  1. .Players start with 8 random facts about themselves.
  2. Those who are tagged should post these rules and their 8 random facts.
  3. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them they have been tagged.

1. My favourite food, even outstripping 80% chocolate, is muesli with yoghurt, which I would eat all day long if I could.

2.I hold a motorcycle driver's license, but not a car driver's license. However, my biking days are well over-this city's traffic is not kind to two-wheelers. I do own a car though-which is paid up next month.

3.I have been in love with Robert A Heinlein since I was about seven years old. His Have Spacesuit Will Travel , a young adult's novel, is still my most-loved story of all time- and I suppose, gives an interesting insight into my own Life's Story.

4.I find calculus easier -and more fun!- than cooking.

5.I am an initiated Wiccan, although I no longer practice as one. Today, having done the rounds of Wiccan, Pagan, Witch and Atheist, I call myself an Integral Pagan, and incorporate a fair amount of Buddhist techniques into my practice. Although I have huge empathy with Druids, and carry an offering bag around with me everywhere.

6.Eight years ago, I lost every single thing and person of any meaning in my life.Through my own fault.I never recovered any of it.

7.I own my own house, and spend nearly every weekend not only doing the housework, but gardening my wild patch of Mother Earth and keeping myself pretty much to myself.

8.In a country of 11 official languages, I speak only one of them, although I understand one of the others pretty well, and I have French and Latin comprehension as well.


I hereby tag Anne Johnson,BBC (aka God),Kay,Deborah Oak,Hecate,Inanna,Mahud andPaul as the poor suckers to continue to spread this meme.

As this caught me on the hop a bit, I will here wish you all a happy Midsummer or Midwinter, which I'm celebrating tonight.

Pic of the East side of my property, with MonkeyThorn trees, Jasmine, Umbrella Bush and (protected species) gigantic Cycad.The Blackthorn is just out of picture.

8 comments:

  1. Kay, you rumbled my obfuscation trick.
    Damn!
    Love,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'd like to hear more about 5 and 6!

    Will do, soon.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inanna,

    No.6 is probably not on the agenda-at least not in the next few months. Eight years still hasn't brought me far enough from it to be completely objective.
    But no.5 I'll post some more on, sure.
    Love,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just returned from my camping trip hon, that I extended. Now I'm trying to catch up. I won't do the tag on my blog as I have a number of camping stories to post.

    But I'll try to find time this evening to post them here for you, hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eight random things hey? Hum.

    Favorite food: Maybe the next thing I try.

    Favorite book: Maybe the next one I read.

    Favorite movie: Maybe the next one I watch.

    Favorite car: Tough one, I’ve had a few favorites, like a 1964 Chrysler 300 convertible.

    Toothpaste: Colgate.

    Owning my own place free and clear and living a basic lifestyle.

    Favorite hangouts: Beaches, mountains, my place.

    Favorite music: Mostly country western and oldies.

    Dancing as if we are one.

    Opp’s that was nine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lets make it ten.

    I cut my own hair.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Terri. Another poor sucker has responded, hehe ;D

    It was sad reading number 6 on your list. I hope some positive stuff will come out of it. Similier stuff has happened to me.

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,

    Yet another poor sucker has responded too :))

    Love

    Paul

    ReplyDelete