Tuesday 24 April 2007

Happy Birthday Mom



Dearest third daughter of Doris George and Ernst Banning:

I can see you even now perched on the edge of my bed reading 'King Solomon's Goldmine' , 'Jock of the Bushveld' or our favourite 'The Borrowers' to two sleepy children.

I can also see you clearly opposite me on the train up to London for the day, just as excited as I was but keeping these things well inside you, as you always did.

I can see you reading White Eagle's little book of meditations- and I wonder if you would have made a good Pagan, today?

I think you would have.

I bless you for your quiet strength, your love of mathematics which you passed on to your only daughter, and your wordless affirmation that it is not always the noisy ones who are heard clearly, in this world.

Happy Birthday Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment